Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Summer Reading 2013

Summer Reading is here for 2013. I always read to my son. Mostly I find the reading happens during the bedtime routine. I wanted to share the 10 books I read to him tonight. Most of these books I found at the public library, a few I found at the base library and one is our own personal book.

Here are the books I shared with my son tonight.

I found these at the base library. My husband is retired air force. If you have the privilege of using a military library, please use it. Recent budget cuts have even effected the libraries at military installations.

Arthur's Reading Race by Marc Brown

Flap Your Wings by P.D. Eastman

The Bike Lesson Another Adventure of the Berenstain Bears by Stan and Jan Berenstain

I found these books at the public library. Especially during the summer books, go to your local library and check out books. You know what interests your child. Build on those interests.

Arabella Miller's Tiny Caterpillar by Clare Jarrett

Henry Builds a Cabin by D.B. Johnson

Chester the Brave by Audrey Penn illustrated by Barbara L. Gibson

Amelia Makes a Movie by David Milgrim

The Fantastic Mr. Wani by Kanako Usui

I Want Two Birthdays! by Tony Ross

This one is in our own collection. We have a lot of books in my son's room. Books are always part of special holidays. This book in particular has a very special message.

Have You Filled a Bucket Today? A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids by Carol McCloud illustrated by David Messing

I haven't decided how often I will update these posts about summer reading. We usually go to a library once a week, sometimes every other week. Suppose I will update as we get new library books. I will share what I am reading with my little guy and maybe it will inspire another parent to read more to their child or look for a particular book to share with their child. Happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment