Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Things My Boy Says

Summer has just begun. Already have swimming lessons scheduled to start in June. Finishing preschool is bittersweet, however, we are all looking forward to adventures that will come in kindergarten.

Something that we are still learning is that there are times when Aiden hears things, he takes them literally. He was with me at the commissary earlier this week. We used the self-checkout. After I had paid for the items, the computer said, "please remove all bagged items." Aiden was upset. He said, "Oh, mommy! You can't take the milk. You didn't bag it!"

Also earlier this week I got a dum-dum sucker for Aiden. I left it on the kitchen counter and told him that I have a special treat for him with his name all over it. He went to the kitchen and looked all over the wrapper of the sucker. He said, "Hey! This doesn't have my name on it!"

They are just a couple of the things that we are all learning. My son was diagnosed on the autism spectrum. Some days are awesome and some days really test my patience. Perhaps on another day I will post about the not so awesome days. Right now I want to focus on these cute days and help him understand figures of speech and how not everything is literal. It is an on-going process.

No comments:

Post a Comment