Friday, March 1, 2013

Serendipity or Something Like That

Today I was going through things in the closet, looking for some old jewelry. Instead I found an old notebook with notes I wrote down two years ago. These are notes I wrote to myself and took with me to my son's three year well child checkup. I knew I had a written record of my concerns. All my concerns were dismissed. All this time has been wasted when he could have been getting help. Makes me mad... mad at myself, mad at the military pediatric clinic. Just plain mad...

Concerns:

1. Mom has a lazy eye. Should we have Aiden looked at that. Occasionally in pictures notice one eye turning in.

2. Very hyper and easily distracted. Unable to sit still. Even at home for meals. Put him in booster seat and he screams. Usually OK if being held in Mommy's lap.

3. Still working on potty training. Has yet to make a bowel movement in the potty. Have been working on it for 9 months. He wears underwear with plastic pants over them at home. Pull-ups when away from home.

4. Rarely makes eye contact at bedtime.

5. Hardly ever takes a nap in the afternoons. Have quiet time in the afternoons with stories.

6. Most all nights comes to our room at some point during the night. Take him back to his room and within 20 minutes he is back in our room.

7. At Wal-Mart covers his ears when we walk by the heat and air vents. Seems sensitive to the noise.

8. When can we begin allergy testing? He has been on Zyrtec for a long time.

9. Says he is nauseous every day. May just be repeating what he hears Daddy say.

31 January 2011 he was 36.5 inches tall and weighed 31.3 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment